Fired Up! NJ Business Empowerment Summit
Event on 2013-11-02 08:30:00
As part of their commitment to services and empowering our community, The National Black MBA Association, New Jersey Chapter (NBMBAA), and the Northern New Jersey Chapter of the National Alumnae Association of Spelman College (NNJC-NAASC) will hold the first ever Fired Up! summit to educate and empower small businesses in New Jersey and the surrounding area. The event will be held at PSE&G Corporate Building, 80 Park Place Newark, New Jersey, on Saturday, November 2 from 8:30AM – 3:00PM.
The day will be filled with workshops on starting your business, how to market your business to increase sales, learning how to register as a minority-owned business for government contracts and also include a prize-filled pitch competition.
With support from Target and the Small Business Administration, Fired Up! will include panel discussions, Q&As with top business leaders including:
- Gene Waddy, CEO Diversant, one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S.* and the largest African-American owned staffing and consulting firm in the nation
- Tod Wilson, Owner of Mr. Tod’s Pie Factory and a Shark Tank Winner
- H. Ginger Johnson and Liz Pickett, Co-Founders of Ginger + Liz Nail Color, the original vegan friendly nail lacquer made for style setters
- Precious Williams, CEO of Curvy Girlz Lingerie and Winner of the 2013 Black Enterprise Elevator Pitch Champion
- Chris Harvell, CEO of Dental Kidz, board member of the Brick City Development Corporation and the Region II (NY, NJ, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands) Chairperson for the Small Business Administration's Regulatory Fairness Board
- Elgin Tucker, COO of Black StartUp – a crowdfunding platform for black businesses and businesses that support the African-American community
- Emily Nichols, MBA is a Motivational Speaker, Career and Small Business Coach and founder of The Accelerations Group
- Shaunice Hawkins, an author, strategist, business leader, innovative problem-solver and CEO Evolution Consulting
Tickets prices range from – 55 for the full day event and include continental breakfast and lunch.
This event is open to new and existing businesses as well as future entrepreneurs and teens.
at PSE&G Corporate Building
80 Park Pl
Newark, United States